Monday, May 13, 2013

Coconut and Apple Cake

Star Q


Okay, it's been quite a while since I did any kind of baking.  But when the urge to bake suddenly comes, it's like I'm hungry for something and anything edible that I can get my hands on, will be enough to quench my hunger.

Baking to me is, in a sense, quite similar with being hungry.  Once I have the urge to bake, I'll just rummage through the pantry and get my hands on anything that I can use to turn into a cake!  And this cake in particular, is an easy one (my kind of cake!) especially because all the ingredients were lying around (well, not literally!) either in the pantry or in the fridge.  

So, for the sheer need to bake, I made this Coconut and Apple Cake.
Source :  Food Lovers' Cakes & Bakes

  • 150 g room-temperature butter
  • 2 -3 tbs clear honey (I used runny honey)
  • 50 g sugar (I used soft brown sugar)
  • 4 eggs
  • 160 g AP flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 large apple 
  • 1 tbs lemon juice
  • 80 g grated coconut (I used dessicated)
  • 2 - 3 tbs icing sugar to decorate (I omitted) 

Preheat oven to 180 C and grease a 30 cm loaf tin.  Beat the butter, honey and sugar until thick and creamy.  Beat in the eggs one by one.  Sift in the flour and baking powder and stir until just combined.  Peel and grate the apple and add the lemon juice.  Add the coconut and stir into the batter.  Turn this mixture into the loaf tin and bake for 50 - 60 minutes until golden brown.  Once cooked, leave to cool slightly in the tin before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.  Dust with icing sugar if you wish, before serving.




No comments:

Post a Comment