Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Papa's Pasta

My Pasta Bake
I honestly didn't know what to have for dinner today and I was definitely not in the mood for rice plus we already had pizza yesterday.  So, I raided my pantry, found some pasta shells and instant soup; went through the fridge and found some parmagiano and petite pois.  The result: Baked Pasta! 
  • 2 cups dried pasta (boiled till al dente)
  • 1 can instant Kimball soup (I used Chicken and Mushroom)
  • 1 Bombay onion, chopped
  • 1 cup petite pois
  • 1 piece chicken burger
  • 1 cup grated parmagiano
  • 1 tbs oil (I used corn oil)

Saute the chicken burger and break it up into smaller pieces.  Put in the onions and saute it together with the burger.  Add in the petite pois.  Stir in the Kimball soup together with with a cup of hot water.  Boil until thick, then add in the pasta shells together with half the parmagiano.  Put the mixture into a greased casserole dish, sprinkle the other half of the parmagiano and bake in a 170 C oven for 20 minutes until cheese is bubbling and browned.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment