Saturday, February 26, 2011

Better Baked Bread


Tiny's Bread Pudding
 The other day I was at a loss of what to do, so I baked an easy Bread Pudding ala Tiny!  I could not wait for the pudding to cool, so I had it while it was piping hot!  Be brave to change the recipe here and there according to your fancy!

  • 8 pieces wholemeal bread, quartered diagonally and spread with butter and jam (I used strawberry Jam)
  • 6 cups milk (I used low-fat, of course)
  • 3 grade A eggs
  • 1 cup sugar (I used brown sugar)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • A handful of raisins, pre-soaked (I soaked them in orange juice)

Arrange the bread in a casserole dish which has been buttered slightly.  Beat the eggs with the sugar, then mix it together with the milk.  Stir in the vanilla, then pour the mixture slowly onto the bread slices.  Distribute the raisins and some sugar evenly on top of the bread.  Put the casserole into another tray, then fill the tray half-way with hot water.  Bake pudding in a 180 C  oven for 45 minutes.  Don't be like me!  Do let the pudding cool a bit before enjoying it!

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried using croissants instead of ordinary bread. I recently used some day-old croissants to make this pudding, and the result was much creamier and luscious. I also used raisins but I plumped it up by soaking them in some orange juice! Give it a try!

    ReplyDelete