Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Salad with Tahini Dressing

Star Q


I have been told a couple of times (well, more than once is a couple of times!) that my body is acidic and I need to do something to make my body more alkaline.  I have read a lot (trusted names in the internet, at least) about how to go about achieving this.

One of the ways suggested is to try and consume at least eight glasses of plain water per day.  The other one is to eat as much leafy green vegetables, possibly fresh ones.  I also read that vegetables that do a lot in helping to make ones body more alkaline are collards and broccoli.  I have had a lot of these two, and I have actually come to a conclusion that they are alkaline.  This is because when I try to consume as much of these vegetables as possible, I feel like I am eating soap; and soap is alkaline.

So, once in a while when I can get my hands on some mixed salad, I go a bit overboard with creating dressings that make the salad taste, well, less soapy.

  • 4 tbs tahini
  • 1 tbs honey
  • 1/2 tbs apple cider vinegar
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 clove garlic, finely minced
  • Some mixed salad
  • Some feta cheese

Mix the first six ingredients together; easier if done in a mason jar.  All that needs to be done is to just shake the dressing.  Put the mixed salad in a large bowl, pour the Tahini dressing and mix thoroughly.  Crumble some feta cheese on top.  Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment