Monday, January 12, 2015

Fruity Chicken Sandwich - Lunch Box #4

Star


Woohoo!  The first day of the new school year is finally here!  Wait a minute!  Am I the only one excited about going back to school! Huhu!  Do remember that there are many things that a teacher can look forward to when returning to school on a new year; one of the reasons is being able to meet up with friends and gossip after one and a half month of hiatus!

As for me, aside from getting to meet up with friends once again, is the ability to create new recipes to bring to school; not as pot-luck but as lunch box menu.  Yumm!  For the first day of school, I recycled some croissants and poached chicken which I had used for some kerabu.

To make things easier, I prepared the filling and the salad the night before so that I could assemble the sandwich in a jiffy.  And to make things a bit more interesting, I gave the filling a fruitier taste!  Plus I made extra to have for dinner later today!

  • 4 croissants (split in the middle)
  • 1 cup finely chopped poached chicken*
  • 1 small carrot, coarsely grated*
  • 1 purple onion, sliced into half-moons*
  • 1/2 a Granny Smith, grated*
  • 1 tbs orange juice concentrate*
  • 1 tsp grated orange zest*
  • 1/2 tbs lemon juice*
  • 1/2 tsp salt*
  • 1/4 tsp ground black pepper*
  • 8 pieces lettuce leaves*

Mix all the filling ingredients (marked *) in a large bowl.  I lay the lettuce leaves onto the croissant first before adding the filling.  I notice that by doing it this way I tend not to over-fill the sandwich with the filling; less is more no matter how delicious the filling may be!  Ready to be packed for lunch!





No comments:

Post a Comment