Friday, April 18, 2014

Mixed-Herbs Roasted Tomatoes

Star Q
This is the Garlic Roasted Tomatoes which I made to accompany the Prawn Aglio Olio.  I saw this being prepared on the Barefoot Contessa and thought that it would go well with the pasta, and it did!  In fact it was so delicious, I forgot myself and ate almost half of the roasted tomatoes!

But, of course I tweaked the recipe and used whatever ingredients that were available in my pantry.  And eventhough I ate half of the tomatoes before mixing them into the pasta, I still had a few pieces left to go with my cheese and turkey bacon sandwich which I had for breakfast.  Sorry, no pics of the sandwich!  I scoffed it down so quickly that it disappeared before I could get the camera out!

And, yes the tomatoes themselves can be quite versatile as I have shown above.  I guess you can also use them in chutneys or salsas and also to go with steamed chicken or fish.  Looks like I will have to make a big batch of these roasted tomatoes in future!

  • 8 ripe tomatoes, halved, pulp and seeds removed
  • 1 tbs olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
  • 1/2 tsp dried Italian mixed herbs
  • 1 tbs date vinegar
  • 1/1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 2 tsp sugar

Preheat the oven to 200 C.  Meanwhile mix the tomatoes gently with the rest of the ingredients and place cut side up onto a baking tray.  Roast the tomatoes for about half an hour until you see some caramelization on the edges of the tomatoes.  Cool before chopping and mixing them with the pasta.

Note : Any remaining tomatoes can be kept by placing the tomatoes in a jar and topping it up with some olive oil; fit the cap securely and put in the fridge.  If you're lucky, it will last about a week; if not, it will all disappear the same day!

No comments:

Post a Comment