Thursday, June 27, 2013

Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes

Star Q
ii.  Homophones
iii.  Sukantara


One of my weaknesses is seeing fresh vegetables arranged beautifully for sale weather at the local market of the supermarket.  The thing is, I always feel a strong compulsion to buy these vegetables even though I don't really need them.  This time my compulsion was for zucchinis.

So, as it turned out I had some zucchinis lying in the fridge.  I had already used some in stir fries and bakes and I didn't know what to do with the few I had left.  So, I scoured the net and came upon this recipe in the bbcgoodfood.  I made it (in half batch) knowing full well that no one in my family really likes chocolate cakes.  So, I took them to work and they disappeared before my eyes!

  • 175 g self-raising flour
  • 25 g cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp mixed spice (I used five spice)
  • 85 ml extra virgin olive oil
  • 180 g golden caster sugar (I used soft brown)
  • 2 small eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 250 ml grated zucchini
  • 70 g roastd hazelnuts (I omitted this)

Heat oven to 180 C.  In a large bowl, combine self-raising flour, cocoa powder, mixed spice and a pinch of salt.  In another bowl, combine the olive oil, eggs, vanilla essence, sugar and grated zucchini.  Mix the dry and wet ingredients until just combined.  Then, add in the hazelnuts.  Spoon mixture half full into paper cases and bake for about 20 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment