Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Sandwich Bebola Daging Berkeju

Star Q


Sunday is a day to be lazy!  It's a day for me lounge around, lie down on the sofa, watching the programmes on television, one after another, even though my stomach is growling incessantly asking to be filled.  But I am too lazy to potter about in the kitchen!

However, this is not always true when I have my kids around because as always they will be making polite requests the night before suggesting what to have for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  A tall order, but one they know I am more than happy to fulfill, if I am not too tired.

And so this Sunday morning, I dragged myself into the kitchen, already visualizing what was going to be served on the kitchen table.  So, as I took some ingredients from the fridge and some from the pantry, I started making these chicken meatballs stuffed with cubes of Cheddar.  Making them was time consuming but my family loved them; except one of them!

  • 400 g ground chicken meat
  • 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
  • 1 shallot, minced
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp chicken stock granules
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
  • 12 cubes Cheddar cheese
  • 3 large red onions, sliced into rings
  • 3/4 cup vegetable oil

Mix the first six ingredients together, then form into golf-ball size meatballs.  Stuff each meatball with a cube of Cheddar.  Repeat the process with the rest of the meatballs.  Heat the vegetable oil then fry the meatballs until golden brown or fully cooked.  Dish out and set aside.  Leave about 2 tablespoons of the oil in the pan (discard the rest) and cook the onion rings until caramelized. Dish out and set aside.

To assemble open up a hot dog bun.  Place some lettuce as the base, followed by a few slices of tomatoes, three of the meatballs,  Squirt some store-bought barbecue sauce onto the meatballs and top it all off with some of the caramelized onions.  Breakfast is ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment