Thursday, September 3, 2015

Parmesan Zucchini Chips

Star Q


I have the nasty habit of buying foodstuff and keeping them in the fridge and then forgetting about them until they are well past their expiry dates.  Fortunately, most of the time, my missus who regularly goes through the fridge, will remind me about the stuff I have stashed away in cool slumber.

This time around my missus reminded me about the zucchinis I bought when we went visiting some of her relatives, and half a packet of grated Parmesan, the other half of which was used by my daughter to sprinkle over some fried bananas.

I have read about these Parmesan Zucchini Chips and was interested to try and make them, more so because I already have most of the ingredients.  Of course I realized much later after the dish was cooked that the word 'chips' does not bear any resemblance to the crispiness of potato chips, but instead refer to its shape that resembles gambling chips!

  • 2 medium zucchini
  • 1 tbs olive oil
  • 1/4 grated Parmesan
  • 1/4 panko bread crumbs
  • A pinch of salt
  • 1 tsp dried chili flakes
Preheat oven to 200 C.  Wipe a baking sheet with some olive oil.  Slice zucchini into 1/4 inch thick rounds and coat with the olive oil.  In a small bowl combine the cheese, panko, salt and chili flakes.  Place the zucchini chips into the cheese mixture and mix together.  Slightly press some of the mixture onto the zucchini chips to adhere.  Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.  Serve hot.

Note : Don't wait for the zucchini chips to cool before enjoying them because once cooled, the chips will go limp!

No comments:

Post a Comment