Monday, May 5, 2014

Parmesan Carrot Cake

Star Q

I made this cake quite sometime back when I was one of the invigilators for the STPM examination.  It was the last day of the exam which was in SMK Seri Perpatih and even though I was not the chief invigilator, I decided to give my friends a treat.

Those who have been exam invigilators and have really invigilated will know how difficult it is for an invigilator to leave the exam hall to go for a break like to have breakfast or tea; difficult because of the sense of responsibility that you have towards the candidates sitting for the exam and your fellow invigilator who has to stay behind in the hall doing double duty in your place.

So, to make up for that, I decided to give this recipe a try.  I got this from a book by Amy Wong and K.S. Lee and the result was very satisfying, both taste and sight.  One of my fellow invigilators ordered one batch the next day so that she could share it with her own family.  Thank you.

Ingredient A
  • 160 g margarine (I used unsalted butter)
  • 140 g caster sugar (I used soft brown sugar)
  • 3 eggs

Ingredient B
  • 150 g self-raising flour
  • 60 g high protein flour (I replaced with the same amount of SR flour)
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder (I omitted this)
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder (I omitted this, too)
  • 1 tbs grated Parmesan cheese (I added an extra tablespoon)

Ingredient C
  • 100 g milk
  • 100 g shredded carrot
  • 30 g blackcurrent (I omitted this)

Preheat oven to 170 C.  Beat sugar and butter till fluffy and pale then beat in eggs, one at a time.  Then mix in Ingredients B and the milk alternately, in three batches.  Lastly stir in the carrot.  Pour batter in a 8x3x3 inches baking tin and bake for forty minutes or until cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment